5.10.2013

My Miracle Babies


I will never forget the talk that I shared at a Christian High School on February 17th, 2010.  At that time for about 13 months my husband and I had been trying to have a baby.  Now at this point I realize that 13 months is not that long compared to those we knew who had struggled for 5-10 years, just want to acknowledge that.  The talk that I gave to the students sitting in front of me was about letting “Jesus take the wheel”, a clich√© I know, but a valid point for most people who are telling God how they want their life to be and what steps they want to take next- when ultimately its not best to take the wheel in your own hands.  Since I was talking to teenagers I of course related it to school and teenage things/issues . . . but in my own mind I felt like I needed to say the words out loud to recognize myself that God would plan the timing for me to be pregnant, it wasn’t up to me.

That same day, Wednesday the 17th, is etched in my mind because during my lunch break from teaching I received the phone call with our fertility test results.  The nurse said in an uplifting voice, “Well now we know why you’re not getting pregnant!” which kind of made me want to slap her but also thank her that we had answers.  Between Ryan and I, we have a 1% chance of naturally getting pregnant.  In other words, 99% is bad.  Working on the same campus I walked over to my husband to tell him the news in person, he did not take it so well at first.  But even after the test results I kept feeling like that guy in the movie Dumb and Dumber “So you’re saying there’s a chance.”  I also knew that with God in control, He could take that 1% and do whatever He wanted to with it.

One week later on Wednesday February 23rd, I had a positive pregnancy test.  I had been pregnant when we received the results.  Miracle #1.


Like I said yesterday, I don't know how I didn’t see that Gavin was always meant to be ours.  When his mom was still fighting the courts for him I put it out of my mind and heart that there was even an option of keeping him.  Now as I’ve watched him become an amazing brother to Brooklyn, be the most relaxed person in our family (seriously), and a sweet little grandbaby to the grandparents . . . Gavin balances out our family and I can’t imagine life without him.  I pray that he will see Jesus in our love and actions on a daily basis and more than anything I feel so blessed to be his forever Mama.  Miracle #2.


Finally, we praise God that His plans are better than our own.  Two and a half years later he decided to use that 1% again, and on November 23rd we will have another little Baby Senters.  Miracle #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment